Anway, I recognized one of the speakers of the rally, Kevin Jackson, as the guy who was aggressively arguing with some counterprotesters at the teabagger rally outside of the SEIU offices (it starts around the 1:00 mark):
I decided to do a little research on Jackson (from his blog The Black Sphere), and found some amazing stuff in a short amount of time. Hopefully I'll have a chance to look for more, but in the meantime here's what I found:
1. Jackson is a "birther." That is, he questions whether Obama was born in the United States. See especially this amazing comment from him:
2. He says of Obama, "Since I consider Obama a Black racist, and a terrorist-loving, America-hating, resume-building, no talent hack..."
3. He calls Obama a "House Negro."
4. He questions whether Obama really cared when his Grandmother died.
5. He regularly shows pictures of Obama as Hitler, or as a terrorist.
6. He shows pictures of Michelle Obama with hyper masculine features, following the GOP playbook of suggesting that Clinton must be "secretely male" just because she is a strong woman.
7. Finally, he plays into the Obama is a "secret Muslim" game.
And this is the guy who's going to make the case that the NAACP hasn't spoken out because the NAACP has a political agenda??? Wow.
One last quote from Jackson. After the 2008 elections, he wrote:
Indeed, it looks like fighting without rules is exactly what Jackson has decided to do.
We are the dang Brits, people! We must stop fighting with rules! Reverend Wright is off limits? My ass! This is a fight for survival. Think prison yard beef, not school yard beef!