CNN was upset that a St. Louis woman Maxine Johnson had her sign ripped at Claire McCaskill's town hall meeting this week. Dana Loesch, who was at the event, later wrote about the incident in an email:"The footage on the Post Dispatch site and on all the liberal blogs totally omits Johnson entering 30 minutes before the forum's end, rudely gesturing to the audience, and mouthing off in an attempt to start a fight."Of course.
The left is trying to accuse the ripper James Winfrey of a hate crime because the sign had Rosa Parks on it. The audience was told several times before the meeting that no signs were allowed. The unhinged left is trying to smear the "teabaggers" because of this incident. Ms. Johnson knew signs were not allowed into the meeting and brought her sign in anyway.
Wow, where to start with this one? How about with the video:
Here are just a few of the things that are wrong with the pungent pundit's post:
(1) Johnson gestured at the audience earlier because the audience was screaming at her.
(2) From the video, she obviously was not "attempting to start a fight."
(3) She had put her sign away, and only unrolled it because a photographer asked her to.
(4) In none of the links he provides does anyone claim that it was a hate crime, yet he pretends that this is what all liberals are arguing.
(5) Plenty of teabaggers in the audience had signs, and police let them stay. They also were not harassed by the audience for having signs.
In answer to the burning question that's on your mind: no, Gateway Pundit is not really this stupid. But he profits from manipulating an audience that is.